Get Started

Replace My Green Card

Have you said to yourself, “I need to replace my green card”?. Replacing your Green Card with IFLA is the easiest way to complete your Green Card application package. You’ll meet with a REAL PERSON who will assist you in completing your application with all supporting documents and expedite filing. Your Green Card allows you to reside in the United States legally, petition for immigrant family members and allows you to work legally in the United States.

Preparing to work with IFLA is a very simple process! Just fill the form below or give us a call today, (770) 882-5822. IFLA typically receives notice of ASC appointments within 30 to 60 days (depending on application method). Just check our FaceBook reviews!

Common Questions

1. What is a Green Card?

A green card is a photo identification that allows an alien to legally reside and work in the United States permanently. It is the final step before an alien can become a U.S. citizen. There are many different ways you can petition for a green card, whether it’s through your family (U.S. citizen), job, or refugee or asylum status.

2. Why should I replace my Green Card?

Your green card is your proof of identity and proof of your legal immigration status. Having an expired, invalid green card means you will not have valid proof of your immigration status in the United States. You must also have a valid green card to show proof of your right to work in the United States when applying for a job.

3. What is the purpose of Form I-90?

Form I-90 is used specifically for replacing a green card. If your green card is expiring soon, has expired, was lost, stolen, damaged, or contains incorrect information, you can use Form I-90 to obtain a replacement.

4. Am I eligible to replace my Green Card?

Green cards that were administered after 1989 have an expiration date on the card. Your green card is valid for 10 years after it was issued. If your green card has been lost, stolen or has been damaged and isn’t legible, you need to replace it.

Permanent residents (those who have 10-year green cards) and conditional permanent residents (those who have 2-year conditional green cards) are eligible to do the following:

    • Replace a lost, stolen, or damaged Green Card.
    • Request a Green Card if you never received your original card from the USCIS.
    • Request a replacement Green Card if you need to fix a mistake on your current one.
    • Request a replacement Green Card if you have legally changed biographical information about yourself, e.g. your name.

5. What is the Process?

  • At IFLA, we assist you in preparing your application and gathering the proper evidence you need to support your package. Once everything is ready, we will help you submit it to USCIS for review.
  • Once USCIS has received your application, they will send you a notice for a biometrics appointment where they will take your photo and fingerprints.
  • If USCIS determines that additional information is needed, you may receive a Request for Evidence.
  • They may choose to send you a notice for an interview as well, but this is not always the case. Once your application is approved, your new green card will be mailed to you.

6. How long until I receive my replacement, Green Card?

On average, it takes about 4 to 6 months to receive your replacement green card after you have submitted your application to USCIS, but processing times may change and will vary between USCIS offices. IFLA strives to have your package sent out within 72 hours to USCIS!

7. What if my case requires an attorney?

If your case goes beyond the scope of IFLA’s assistance and requires legal representation then an attorney near you will be referred to you at no additional cost from IFLA.

USCIS Filing Fees

What are the costs associated with renewing/replacing my Green Card?


  • Application fee: $455
  • Biometric Exam Fee: $85