Apply for my Green Card for the fist time
Applying for your Green Card with IFLA is the easiest way to complete your Green Card application package. You’ll meet with a REAL PERSON who will assist you in completing your application with all supporting documents and expedite filing. Your Green Card allows you to reside in the United States legally, petition for immigrant family members and allows you to work legally in the United States.
Preparing to work with IFLA is a very simple process! Just fill the form below or give us a call today, (770) 882-5822. IFLA typically receives notice of ASC appointments within 30 to 60 days (depending on application method). Just check our FaceBook reviews!
1. What is a Green Card?
A green card is a photo identification that allows an alien to legally reside and work in the United States permanently. It is the final step before an alien can become a U.S. citizen. There are many different ways you can petition for a green card, whether it’s through your family (U.S. citizen), job, or refugee or asylum status.
2. What is the process?
YOU MAY QUALIFY IF:
- You are married to a U.S. citizen
- If you’re the child of a U.S. citizen and are under 21 and unmarried
- Have a U.S. citizen child over 21
- Married a U.S. permanent resident
- Have a U.S citizen sibling who is over the age of 21
- Engaged to a U.S citizen
- A U.S. based employer is sponsoring you for a job in the U.S.
- Have been afforded status through the asylum or refugee process.
IN ORDER TO APPLY FOR A GREEN CARD:
- At IFLA, we assist you in preparing your application and gathering the proper evidence you need to support your package. Once everything is ready, we will help you submit it to USCIS for review.
- Once USCIS has received your application, they will send the applicant for the Green Card a notice for a biometrics appointment where USCIS will take their photo and fingerprints.
- If USCIS requires additional information, you may receive a Request for Evidence.
- Once all of USCIS’s questions have been answered and the application is done being processed at the service center, you will be scheduled for an interview at your local USCIS office to review your application and answer questions as needed.
As part of this process, you will also have to show that there is a current, available VISA for you.
3. What are the advantages of a Green Card?
- You may legally reside and work in the United States. permanently.
- You may petition for relatives who want to immigrate to the United States.
- You have more employment opportunities.
4. How long does the process take?
- At IFLA, we strive to have your package completed and sent within 72 hours!
- On average, it takes between 4 to 6 months to receive your green card after you have submitted your application to USCIS, but processing times are always changing and may vary depending on your local office.
- If your green card is based on a familial relationship, you must first have an approved I-130 visa petition. Depending on how close the relationship is to the Petitioner, and what country the beneficiary is from, there may be no wait (for parents, unmarried minor children, and spouses of a U.S. citizen) or it may mean a wait of 2 years to 20 years.
5. What if my case requires an attorney?
If your case goes beyond the scope of IFLA’s assistance and requires legal representation then an attorney near you will be referred to you at no additional cost from IFLA.
USCIS Filing Fees
What are the costs associated with applying for my Green Card?
USCIS APPLICATION FILING & BIOMETRIC FEES:
- Application fee: $1,140
- Biometric Exam Fee: $85