Become a U.S. Citizen
Choosing IFLA is the easiest way to complete your application package for your U.S. Citizenship. You’ll meet with a REAL PERSON who will assist you in completing your application with all supporting documents and expedite filing.
Preparing to work with IFLA is a very simple process! Just fill the form below or give us a call today, (770) 882-5822. IFLA is low-cost, accurate and efficient. Just check our FaceBook reviews!
1. What does the naturalization process look like?
- At IFLA we assist you in preparing your application and gathering the proper evidence you need to support your package. Once everything is ready, you will submit it to USCIS for review. We strive to submit your application within 72 hours!
- Once USCIS has received your application, they will send you a notice for a biometrics appointment where they will take your photo and fingerprints.
- If USCIS determines that it additional information is needed, you may receive a Request for Evidence.
- Once all of USCIS’s questions have been answered and the application is done being processed at the service center, you will be scheduled for an appointment where you will take the U.S. citizenship test and be interviewed. Once you pass, you will attend a Naturalization Ceremony, take the Oath of Allegiance, and officially become a United States citizen.
2. Do I qualify to become a U.S. Citizen?
IN ORDER TO APPLY TO BECOME A U.S. CITIZEN, YOU MUST:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have had a green card for 5 years (or 3 years if you are married to a U.S. citizen)
- Have been continuously living in the United States for the past 5 years
- Have been physically present in the United States. for 30 of the previous 60 months
- Meet the good moral character requirements
3. Can I still become a citizen if I do not meet the basic requirements?
ALTHOUGH MOST U.S. CITIZENSHIP APPLICANTS WILL MEET THE BASIC REQUIREMENTS, THERE ARE SOME SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES IN WHICH YOU CAN APPLY FOR CITIZENSHIP WITHOUT MEETING ALL OF THE BASIC REQUIREMENTS. THESE MAY INCLUDE:
- People who served in the U.S military
- Relatives of someone who has served in the U.S. Military
*These people may be able to apply for citizenship without meeting the physical presence and residence requirements for citizenship.
4. How long does this process take?
On average, it takes about 6 months to become a citizen after you have submitted your application to USCIS, but processing times are always changing and may vary depending on your local office.
5. What are the benefits of becoming a U.S. Citizen?
SOME OF THE BENEFITS OF BECOMING A US CITIZEN INCLUDE:
- The right to vote
- Freedom from the threat of deportation
- The right to travel internationally with a U.S. passport
- Tax, education, and other federal benefits
- Automatic citizenship for children under 18
- The ability to sponsor relatives to the United States (includes parents, siblings, and married children)
6. What if my case requires an attorney?
If your case goes beyond the scope of IFLA’s assistance and requires legal representation then an attorney near you will be referred to you at no additional cost from IFLA.
USCIS Filing Fees
What are the costs associated with applying for U.S. Citizenship?
USCIS APPLICATION FILING & BIOMETRIC FEES:
- Application fee: $640
- Biometric Exam Fee: $85